Monday, June 2, 2014

Yellow Bright

My sweet mother-in-law gave me this maxi skirt for my birthday (thanks so much!) and it's quickly becoming one of my favorites. I love the bright cheery yellow color and the flowiness of it. And a huge bonus for me is that I can wear it with flats. :) Here's how I wore it to church on Sunday...
 details...
Anthropologie Twisted & Pleated Tee, sim here
Gap 1969 Denim Jacket, sim here
Anthropologie Zocalo Maxi Skirt
Anthropologie Cake Decoration Belt, sim here
Anthropologie Beaded Seaford Strands, sim here
And there's still sizes and colors of this skirt left online, so hurry and scoop one up while you can! One of the complaints about it are the super high slits up each side of the skirt. I didn't want to have an Anjelina Jolie moment at church, so I just closed them with some iron on no sew tape. Easy fix! :)
And I should have pics up of our trip to Mexico soon! Stay tuned...

6 comments:

Pal & Hatty said...

I love the bright yellow with the blue denim jacket and the white top! The necklace is perfect with the outfit! You look darling as usual!

Pal & Hatty said...

I love the bright yellow with the blue denim jacket and the white top! The necklace is perfect with the outfit! You look darling as usual!

Whimsical Preppy said...

I love this skirt and the necklace too. I'm starting to really get into the Maxi dresses this year and would like to try some skirts.
I haven't seen this skirt yet and will have to check them out.
Thanks for sharing,
Stacey

designwithj9 said...

I love that yellow! I still have a hard time getting into the swing of wearing maxis. I always admire them on others but can't seem to get the look right on myself. I love the way you styled this and it has inspired me to keep trying. I have that necklace too and is one of my favs.

Janeane
www.designwithj9.wordpress.com

GnomeLover said...

I love this skirt on you. You have convinced me to give that skirt another try. I tried it on in a small, but I just ordered a medium in a popback. I hope it works. I think the iron on tape is genius. I might do that!

Jenni

Leah said...

LOVE THIS SKIRT! Great color and fit...and oh so perfect for these sunshine-y days!! :)