Friday, June 6, 2014

Mexico

For our 10 year anniversary, husband and I went to Playa del Carmen, Mexico for a week. My in-laws were sweet enough to come and watch our kids for us (thanks so much!). We had a fantastic time together and it was nice to just spend time with each other. Here are some pics of our trip!

We visited the ruins of Tulum which was so interesting and beautiful.

Tulum was beyond gorgeous and maybe one of my favorite beaches ever! Which is good since I have a pic of it hanging in my dining room. :)

I told my husband I was re-creating this pic by Max Wanger:

Mine:
I know, my version is not even close to his, haha!!!

We also went to the Coba ruins and climbed to the top of this pyramid (138 ft)...


View from the top!

We also went to Chichen Itza, which was so ah-mazing!

 I made sure to get in plenty of relaxing time on the beach
 It was a wonderful trip but of course I missed my kids so next time we'll have to bring them along! They would have loved playing on the beautiful beaches! :)

3 comments:

GnomeLover said...

Love the pictures! What a beautiful place. Happy Anniversary! We are having a redo of our anniversary dinner tonight because the one we had was so bad. So, I hope tonight does not disappoint!

I have always wanted to go to Tulum. When we went on our cruise, it was an option, but I knew our kids could not handle the choppy boat ride to the ruins. So jealous that you got to go. We went to a smaller site on Cozumel. I heard all of the ruins in Cozumel and Tulem are devoted to the fertility goddess. I wonder if that is true? I just remember staying clear of any statues! ; )

I love how happy you both look. You are a gorgeous couple!

Jenni

gigisgoneshopping said...

You look relaxed! I've been to Playa del Carmen, but we opted for different activities. Next times, it's the ruins for us. Thanks for sharing :)

Leah said...

This looks like an amazing trip! The pictures of the water are breath taking! Happy Anniversary...here's to another 10 years :)