I was super excited to find out that #2 was going to be a boy so I could design a little boy's nursery. And since we now own our home and I already had the basics from #1, I could really have fun with the decor! I wanted to use yellow and grey as the color scheme and when I found this fabric from Sarah Jane (love her illustrations!)...
I decided to add in pops of red to the design. I'm not really into themed nurseries but I do like to have an overall cohesive idea so you'll see that I used airplanes and travel to tie things together. Let's take a look inside, shall we! (warning, pic heavy)
This is the view you see as you enter the room. Paint color is 'Pewter' by Benjamin Moore
The "L" above the crib I made using vintage encyclopedia pages and rolled them to give it more of a 3D effect
I made the mobile using a kids bike wheel, red baker's twine and scrapbook paper folded into tiny paper airplanes (thanks pinterest!)
The map above the crib I got here
The crib bumper, skirt and quilt were made by my talented mother and sister - using that cute Sarah Jane fabric. I'm so thankful they made me another crib set (they also made Gigi's)! I used the same Jenny Lind Crib that we had for Gigi; I love the vintage design of it. :)
I got the rug here
The Eames Rocker (mine is a knock-off) I already had from Gigi's nursery, the red pouf I got here, and the pillow is from target
And here's a view of the other side of the room. I used the same dresser and bookcase as a changing table that were in Gigi's nursery; I got them at IKEA but they are now discontinued. We just changed out her old pink knobs for these ones in yellow.
I got these cute airplane prints from this etsy seller
We did his handprint and footprint when he was 11 days old; I also did this with Gigi and it was fun comparing them (his are much bigger!)
The shelves are from IKEA and most of the stuff on them I found at various vintage stores
The print is a free printable that I colored to match the room - you can download it here
Husband and I made the little framed heart using our thumbprints
The chevron curtains I made using this fabric and following this tutorial. They were surprisingly very easy to make (and a seamstress I am not)!
Thanks for letting me share Liam's nursery with you! :)