Thursday, June 21, 2012

Review: TOMS Calypso Canvas Wedge

While in Utah a few weeks ago, I was able to go on a girls shopping trip with my mother-in-law, my sister-in-law and my niece (thanks grandpa for watching Gigi for me!). It was such a fun girls day out and we hit up the new City Creek shopping center in Salt Lake City. 


I picked up a few new things, one of which are these TOMS Calypso Canvas Wedges. Now, I live in flats. I really only wear heels to church, on a date with my hubby, or other special occasions. It's funny because when I was working a full time job I lived in heels. But since becoming a mom I just don't like chasing my 2 year old around in 3+ inch pumps. Call me crazy!


So when I found these wedges that are both cute and comfortable, I was a happy girl. They were a little tight in the toe area at first but they quickly stretched out and now fit my feet perfectly. And the height of the heel isn't totally unreasonable. I can actually see myself wearing these out and about when I want to look a little more polished.


I found them to be true to size, I'm almost always a size 8 and that's the size I got in these. I chose the grey color since I thought they'd be more versatile and so far they've gone with everything I've paired them with. I also love that they can be dressed up or down. I've paired them with a few of my summer dresses and they look really cute.


So if you're on the fence about these I say go for it! I find myself reaching for them a lot more often than I thought I would. So far they've been a great purchase for me.

outfit details...
Anthropologie Fluttered Hem Tee
Anthropologie Ampay Necklace

5 comments:

Jaime said...

Thanks for this review! I've really wondered about these wedges.

TaraMixandMatch said...

I really like them, they look so cute and comfy!

Lisa - respect the shoes said...

Oh you reminded me that I need to dig mine out! I got two pair from last summer and I adore them - and I like that though they have a heel, they are cas enough for almost any outfit, yet able to be a little bit more dressed up because of the heel (that make any sense?)
I ended up grabbing mine a 1/2 size larger, but I got a pair of these woven ones that don't stretch really.

Pamela said...

I bought that same pair sat summer and agree with you. So comfortable and I love the height!

worknmom said...

I had so much fun trying shoes on with you that day :) Glad we went with the Toms - living in them at work now :)