Friday, June 29, 2012

Review: Foxglove Boots

My Foxglove Boots arrived a few days ago and I couldn't be happier with them! I was lucky to score these boots at a 2nd cut price (originally $278, I got them for $79.95) especially since they were just in the new arrival section! I think Anthro made a mistake by marking these down, so I'm really glad they didn't cancel my order. What's weird is I still have them in my cart and although it says they're sold out, they are marked back up to full price. I wonder what that means?!?
I ordered a size 38 and they fit perfectly so I'd say they are true to size. They are pretty comfortable but then I haven't worn them out yet so I can't say for sure. They are a pull-on style but I didn't have any trouble taking them on or off. I do have fairly narrow feet and skinny calves.
I love the tawny color and the cute flower cutout detail. The cutouts are actual laser cut holes in the leather and there isn't any lining, but that doesn't bother me. I think the cutouts make these boots very breathable, which is great for wearing them in the spring, summer and early fall.
The leather is fairly thin, but not overly so. I found them to be very well made and I think they will last for a long time. The leather is so incredibly soft and has a distressed, vintage look. These boots are so unique, I've never seen anything like them.
I have my boot molds in the above pics to hold up the shaft but they are a slouchy boot. When I put them on they seemed to stay up pretty well. But if you wanted to wear them slouchy you could. Overall, I'm really happy with my purchase and can't wait to wear them out!
So what do you think? Were any of you lucky enough to get these?? I hope to have some pics of me wearing them on the blog soon. :)

ETA - Just found these boots at DSW in the cognac colorway that was released at Anthro before these. You can find them here.

1 comment:

Keiko said...

AH! I'm soooo jealous!! I bought these in brown for full price. I was looking for the gray one but couldn't find it online.. then what!? They went down to $80!? You are super lucky!!