Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Review: Maia Column Dress

When I saw the Maia Column Dress on Anthropologie's website, I was instantly smitten. I already own the Layered Column Dress and love it so I knew I was in trouble. I tried it on in the store but I wanted to take it home and see how it would work with items in my closet. For the price, I need to make sure I can put together several outfits with it. 
The colors pop on the dress and will be easy to mix and match with a multitude of things. The brightness makes it perfect for spring/summer but I also think it would transition into Fall with a pair of boots. 
And I love how the colors go with my J.Crew Penelope Mary Jane's!
It fits the same as the other Bailey 44 dresses I've tried on - I had to size up to a small. I'm usually an xs but that was too tight and clingy for me. The small fits like a glove and is very flattering on. It seems to accentuate the good and camouflage the bad.
I was happy to see that the stripes all lined up on the seams, I'm pretty picky with pattern placement - and for the price I think it's pretty much expected.
The dress is very comfortable and so easy to wear. While I only styled it two ways for this review, I have a lot more ideas for it!
So what do you think?? Is the Maia Column Dress a keeper? I do love it but I'm just not sure I need two of these dresses in my life. But then again, I do love it (and I can use my birthday discount on it!). Please vote in my poll below....

Is the Maia Column Dress a keeper??









  
pollcode.com free polls

4 comments:

Leah said...

Definitely a keeper. The fit is very flattering and the colors are going to be so fun this summer!

TaraMixandMatch said...

I love it on you!!

Rose said...

It's definitely a keeper!

I tried it on too and loved it!

Jenni said...

SO SO SO cute! This is a keeper, for sure. No brainer, in my book. I'm jealous...I tried it on and it's just a bit short on me.