Tuesday, April 10, 2012

OOTD: Meet Penelope

Ever since I saw the J.Crew Penelope Mary Jane Pumps on Glee I was in love with them. I stalked them on eBay for what seems like forever and finally last week I found them on a buy it now auction. I couldn't check out fast enough! Just look how cute they are on Emma Pillsbury....
So for their inaugural outing I channeled Emma and also paired them with the Peppered & Striped Skirt...
 details...
Anthropologie Parted Petals Cardigan, similar-ish here
Anthropologie Buds & Bunches Tee, similar here
Anthropologie Peppered & Striped Skirt, similar here in pink and cream
Forever 21 Tights, similar here
J.Crew Penelope Mary Janes, similar here
 close-up of my new beauties :)
And I'll have my blog sale posted on Thursday - lots of stuff from Anthropologie and even a little from J.Crew! Be sure to check back on Thursday.

8 comments:

Nadja W said...

Hi Jessica! What a cute outfit, and I like the tights :D
A question for you, are the dots on your skirt fading at all?
I purchased this skirt at the trade market but a lot of the dots were fading on the back, not sure it was the friction from sitting down, or if the person had used a washing machine, or if it's just part of the process since the dots are printed..!

Jessica said...

Nadja - I just looked at my skirt and the dots are fading a little bit but mine were fading all over the skirt (not just the back). Not bad enough that it bothers me since I didn't even notice it until you said something and I closely inspected it. I'm thinking that it might be part of the process of wearing it since the dots are printed on. So i imagine that as I wear it more and more the dots will fade more and more. As long as it fades evenly across the skirt I won't mind. Hope that helps!

Sayaka said...

Wow your new shoes are perfection!! I love the color and style is so pretty!! You look lovely in the peppered skirt Jessica!!

Nadja W said...

Thank you, now I also took another look at my skirt and the front is fading but just a little bit, so the dots on front and back don't look alike anymore :(
If I come up with a trick to paint over them I will let you know :]

Lisa - respect the shoes said...

Oh those penelopes - gorgeous!

TaraMixandMatch said...

What a girl, feminine combo...I love it!

so anthro said...

Oh so adorable, the shoes are just darling and work perfectly with the skirt (love me some polka dots), and those tights are lovely!!

Drew said...

Jessica, so glad you like your cardigan! I started a new blog and hope you'll check me out! http://anthropologieuniform.blogspot.com/