Thursday, November 17, 2011

Thanksgiving Decor

Since we're one week away from Thanksgiving I wanted to share how I changed up my decor (you can see my Halloween decor here). Below, my console table has a 'Thankful Tree' (I got the idea from Pinterest). The tree was made from tree branches I found outside, some scrap paper and a mason jar I already owned. Totally free and easy project to do!
My mantel got changed up just a bit with some acorns and leaves in the jar and a cute little 'Give Thanks' sign...
As for my entertainment center, I kept my pumpkins and just removed the spiders and added leaves to make it look more harvesty. My spell-check doesn't like that last word but I'm going with it!
And those white pumpkins you see above used to look like this (I got them for $0.99 each a few years back)....
I wanted a more neutral look so I taped off the stems, spray painted them white and then sanded them down a bit so they look more rustic. Here's a closer look at one of them...
So that's it. I can't wait for Thanksgiving, I love any excuse to eat to my heart's content. :)

7 comments:

triciathomas said...

It looks so cute!! I need to spray some of my gords and stuff because I did not use them this year because I wanted a different look too!

Fashion Meets Food said...

Loving your Thanksgiving decor doll! xo

SassyUptownChic said...

Hey Jessica! I love your decor, especially the Thankful Tree. I think that is just so awesome. :D
http://sassyuptownchic.blogspot.com/

Jenni said...

You are so talented when it comes to home decor...love all your cute things!

t said...

Great decor!

http://initialed.blogspot.com

Elle Sees said...

you are so crafty! i love it.

Sayaka said...

I love the decor!! The hand made tree is awesome!! Your so creative!!