Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Another Painted Rug Reveal

First things first, how about today's sale at Anthropologie?!? I was kind of surprised to see a sale with the big Black Friday event coming up. I ordered these but I've never tried them on so we'll see how they work out when they get here.

Soooo, I'm done with my second painted rug (you can see my first one here). Here's the before and after shots for you...

{BEFORE}
{AFTER}

This rug was so much easier - it took me about 2 1/2 hours to finish it. This project was free for me since I used leftover paint from another project, I already owned the rug, and I used an old cardboard box to make my stencil! I love the bright color that it adds to my kitchen. If any of you are thinking of painting a rug I would highly recommend it; it's such a great way to add a custom accent color to any space in your home.

And if any of you have any questions please feel free to ask, I learned a lot from my mistakes on both rugs I painted. :)

11 comments:

triciathomas said...

I love the way it turned out!!! I think we need to find some rugs for me to paint! I looked at those shoes but was unsure about them!

soanthro said...

Love this rug too!! And can't wait to see those heels on you-- they look like they'd go with everything!

Pamela said...

Wow, looks great! I have a question ... I'm thinking of getting a pretty utilitarian kind of rug (http://www.globalindustrial.com/g/work-benches/mats-carpets/entrance-floor/chevron-ribbed-floor-mats-entry-mats), but am now wondering if I should paint it for a nicer aesthetic look. Thoughts?

greatwhitetee@gmail.com

SassyUptownChic said...

Hey Jessica! Awesome job painting that rug girl. This is a great idea and you are super talented. The color is gorgeous and uplifting. Something you definitely can't always buy. I learned about your blog from Lisa. Hope you're having a great Tuesday. :D
http://sassyuptownchic.blogspot.com/

Leah said...

First of all, I love the colors and the stencil. Second, your craftiness is making me want to fix up something around my house and that might make my husband break out in hives :) I think he wants to be in winter hibernation from any work on the house!! :)

Kristine said...

Love how the rug turned out! I am in the same boat with the shoes. Never tried them on either and was confused by all the reviews. Nevertheless, they are on their way. Fingers crossed! :)

TaraMixandMatch said...

Love it...hopefully I too will have a chevron rug soon, if Santa is nice to me :)

Punctuation Mark said...

i love it... great way to update an old rug!

Pamela said...

I totally love this!! I might try this for my dining room.

I was surprised there was an Anthro sale yesterday, too, but was happy the colorblocked oxfords were on it! I've never tried them either, but figured it was worth a shot. I love the colors and added a christmas decoration to reach the $100 threshold.

Elle Sees said...

This is insanely gorgeous!

Jenni said...

We'll be shoe twinners! I'm hoping they fit good when they arrive!!! And what a cute rug! Love it so much....you did such a great job!