Saturday, November 13, 2010

Review: Poetic License Encoure Ankle Boot


I was so excited to get the Encoure Boots in the mail and they finally came. The leather is pretty nice and the snakeskin bow is just darling. But as soon as I got them on my feet and took a step, I felt pain! The stiff leather would dig into my skin and the bottom of my ankle bone. I only had them on for a few minutes but after I took them off the skin just under my ankle bone was all red! If I had to wear these for a few hours I think they would have broken skin and given me a big sore. Sadly, these cute booties will have to go back. For those interested, they run true to size.

ETA: The tights I have on are the Opaque Floral Tights from Forever 21


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

ouch!!! but love the tights!!! what are they??

barb

Jessica said...

Barb - I just added the link to my tights. They are super cute and look exactly like some I saw at anthropologie the other day.

Peggy said...

awww, bummer! I've been eyeing bow booties since you first posted about them

Jan Russell said...

I'm sorry the booties weren't comfortable and that they have to go back. I know you'll find something cute to take their place, soon ;) Love your tights, I need to check my F21 next time I'm at the mall - so cute!

rachel said...

What a shame! They are so cute, but it is not worth it if you are going to end up with blisters!

Grace said...

Beautiful shoes!

Love Grace.

Pamela said...

cute tights! thanks for posting the link info.

the booties are so cute! it's disappointing they aren't comfortable. oh well, a few more $$ for something else, right?!

Laura said...

Jessica,

I hate when that happens. Would some self stick foam help the issue? Like the kind of stuff that Foot Petals makes. Did you re-order to try another pair? Because the boots are awwesome looking. I think you should try again with some Foot Petals foam.

I got the Bowtied-Beauty Boots the other day. One boot slouched inward right below my ankle. Everytime I took a stepped, ouch! Nothing could be done but to return them to Anthro and re-order. Very hard on the wallet. I'm a top 10 reviewer and no offer was made to air mail a new pair. I was miffed to say the least.

Jamie said...

Oh no! So sad that they didn't work for you. That ribbon is too darling. But the good thing about Poetic Licence is that they're bound to release some new cute shoes -- soon!

Fashion Meets Food said...

bummer. They are darling though. I have been lusting over a pair of bow ankle booties.

xo