Thursday, October 21, 2010

Your Home Should Make You Happy

I'm always inspired when I look at anything designed by the talented Jonathan Adler. He is simply amazing. I'm also loving his funny and kitchy manifesto. It's been awhile since I read it and every time I do it makes me smile. Here are some of my favorite parts...

We believe that your home should make you happy.
We believe minimalism is a bummer.
We believe handcrafted tchotchkes are life-enhancing.
We believe celebrities should pay full price.
We believe you should throw out your Blackberry
and go pick some actual blackberries. 
We believe colors can't clash.
We believe our lamps will make you look younger and thinner.

{You can read it in full here.}

{images via Jonathan Adler}

10 comments:

Leah said...

I love the line "we believe you should throw out your blackberry"... I'm feeling that one today! Ugh... almost to the weekend! =)

Fashion Momma said...

GREAT post. Now, if only I could make my house make me happy. But, oh, that costs money... Ughhhh.

My fav is the last pic!

Katie - D said...

Please spread the word about the launch of Modest-Teen Magazine, find us on facebook by typing in our name, first issue comes out on November 1st 2010 for more information contact Katie at coolirish5@yahoo.com
the magazine is free, to subscribe email us at the email above. Thank you so much.

Elle Sees said...

as it's an oasis, it should make ya happy. thanks for sharing this.

Courtnee said...

I love Joanthan Adler! I'm convinced we could be the best of friends:)

Tara said...

Love these...I can't wait till we get out of this apartment so I can do whatever I want with my house...these are great inspiration pictures...all the pops of color are totally my style! (not sure if my husband will agree though lol)
MixandMatchFashion

triciathomas said...

I love those pictures, I totally have the re-mo bug!!

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

Haha love that excerpt! And all of those fabulous pictures!

Jan Russell said...

I need lots of his lamps!

Jamie said...

The bright chartruse Lattice Back Chairs are so great. I would snap those up in an instant!