Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Domino: The Book of Decorating

Do any of you remember Domino magazine? It was truly the best decorating magazine ever and I was so sad to see it go. :( So when I spied this bookat Anthropologie the other day I had to pick it up!


And I must tell you readers that it did not disappoint! It was chalk full of great advice for everyone from beginner to professional. It had tons and tons of pictures and even more advice on how to create your perfect space. Advice on how to mix and match, decorating tricks, tips for buying furniture, how to plan a space, and much much more. Here are some of my favorites...




It was a little nostalgic thumbing through it since it had some pictures from the old magazine. I loved this sweet nursery and this gorgeous framed wallpaper.


And while I paid $32 for it at Anthropologie, you can buy it for much cheaper here.
I think this book would be a great housewarming gift, birthday gift, or hostess gift. Don't you think the cover of it is so pretty? It now has a happy home on my coffee table.

{images by Jessica}
And a very Happy Birthday to my sister Tricia today! I hope you have a fabulous day!

18 comments:

triciathomas said...

I totally NEED that book and all the ideas!!!

Jamie said...

I don't think I ever had a chance to see Domino magazine, but it sounds like I need to look through their book. What beautiful inspiration ideas!

Jan Russell said...

It's an adorable book, and looks great on your coffee table...sigh, I miss ours - it's in the basement since my baby is wobbly on his feet and I have irrational fears of head wounds.

Leah said...

Think I might have to splurge on this one... there was something on every page (shown) that was just 'me'! =) Thanks for the referral!!

Mandy said...

I *loved* domino!! I think I may have to order this from Amazon, thank you so much for the link!!

Miranda said...

Very cool, I'm moving soon and need inspiration. I never thought about finding it in book form.
http://washingtondcfashion.blogspot.com/

Mandy said...

Just ordered it and can't wait for it to arrive! Thanks, Jessica! :)

Collette Osuna said...

I LOVED Domino magazine....I was so sad to see my subscription come to an end.....this is a FABULOUS book!!!

Sara said...

I loved Domino magazine and actually kept a lot of the issues, which I'm glad I did now. I have had this book on my Amazon wishlist forever, glad to hear it's awesome!

Chas said...

Ooh I want that book! Thanks for sharing!

http://fromdenimtodessert.blogspot.com/

Hil said...

I agree! I have this book as well and its wonderful...whatever happened to that magazine?? It WAS the best decorating magazine for young women

Fried Pink Tomato said...

That book looks amazing. love the children's room. THey need to do a whole book for nurseries!

Amy said...

Yes!! Any decorating advice I am just eating up! Definitely going to ask Santa Claus for one of these! :) thanks for the great heads up!

alicia said...

Ok, not sure I've ever heard of it, but looks like a great find. Thanks for sharing.

Fashion Profiles said...

I have not heard of it here in Manila... But anyway, I love the book... I think I am going to get a lot of advise from the said book... =) I want one... But I dont know where to find it here in my lovely country... =0

Dee said...

I love deco magazines and books, this one seems great!

fshnonmymind said...

Sigh, I miss Domino magazine. I was lucky enough to receive the book as a gift, but crazy enough have not finished reading through all of it (for shame). I will definitely go through it thoroughly when it is time for me to move in the next few months.

Philly Girl said...

I totally agree, Domino magazine was the best and I was also sad to see it go! I've seen there book around but for some reason haven't picked it up, thanks for reminding me to do so!!