Friday, September 24, 2010

Beauty Product Picks

I am a product junkie. I've tried a lot of products in my life and I've had more misses than hits. I wanted to share with you readers what has worked for me to hopefully save you time and money. And lately I've been buying them online since it is so much cheaper and so much easier.

BOSCIA ROSE BLOTTING LINEN SHEETS
I was cursed with oily skin so these little guys are always in my purse and makeup bag. And I love how refreshing the rose scent feels on my skin! Get them here.

TWEEZERMAN MINI SLANT TWEEZERS
I can't live without my tweezers and how cute are these with polka dots! Tweezerman makes the best tweezers, they really get every. little. hair. Get them here.

COVERGIRL LASHBLAST MASCARA
This is the best mascara I've ever used. And trust me, I've used all of the department store stuff (Dior, Lancome, Chanel, Clinique - just to name a few). And it comes with a much smaller price tag. Get it here.

DHC DEEP CLEANSING OIL
Cleansing your skin thoroughly is probably the most important step of good skin care. Since I wear mascara and other eye makeup daily, I need a good cleanser to get it off. It doesn't take your eyelashes off with your mascara clumps either. And no makeup residue, I'm sold! Get it here.

SHU UEMURA EYELASH CURLER
I've had this eyelash curler for over 5 years now and it is still going strong. The little black curler is made of silicone so it won't split into two and it does a perfect job of curling your eyelashes. Get it here.

OSCAR BLANDI PRONTO DRY SHAMPOO
I only wash my hair about three times a week. In between washings this dry shampoo really does the job of "washing" my hair! It absorbs oil and excess product gunk while leaving a fresh, clean scent behind. Just separate your hair into sections, squeeze this onto your scalp, rub vigorously and your done. Get it here.

16 comments:

Jenni said...

I love this post...I use Clinique mascara and love it but I'd love to find a cheaper alternative...I'll have to try the Lash Blast! Love those cute tweezers too!

Rose said...

This is too funny! I just posted about tweezers too! :)

Collette Osuna said...

ALWAYS looking for new products, thanks!!

Have a Fabulous day!
Statements in Fashion Blog

Mia said...

I need to try the Blotting Linens. I'm always looking for something good for my mid-day shinies! Those tweezers are adorable too!

Sadie's Momma said...

Great post!!! I love my Lash Blast Volumizing, BUT I cannot get it off for the life of me at night. I use face cleanser and eye makeup remover, but I still can't get it all the way off. I wake up in the morning, without fail, with raccoon eyes. Suggestions?

JanAlyssa said...

Thanks for the post - I love beauty finds! I've been using the Fekkai dry shampoo, which also works pretty well, but I'm always looking to try new stuff! :)

Christina said...

I have had the worst luck with Shu Umera curlers. First of all, they don't perform any differently than most curlers I've tried...and secondly, the little black pad ALWAYS splits on me within a month or so. Now that they're no longer being sold in the US, it's going to be harder to find replacements too. I need a new curler recommendation!

Leah said...

LOVE this post! I can't wait to actually take a minute and read all about these products =) I also love trying out new things, so this is great for me!

Jan Russell said...

I have those cute tweezers too! I'm totally intrigued by the dry shampoo!

Jessica said...

Christina - my second fave eyelash curler is the shiseido eyelash curler. Hope that helps!

Lori said...

Ooh thanks! I love the boscia tissues too! I use the green tea ones. And I've been looking to try a dry shampoo so I will check this one out. Very helpful post!

Amy said...

Thanks for the tips!!!!

I like the tweezers and I need to get me some good ones. I can't seem to find my other ones when I have that one stray eyebrow hair driving me crazy.

Do you know of any good products for people with dry skin? :)

Heidi Bitsch said...

You forgot to add the eyelid primer. I can't remember the name, but it comes in a purple tube from sephora. I was asking Heather about a good one cause my eyeshadow was creasing on my lids and driving me nuts. She told me about the one you use and I went and got it and it is like magic! I love that stuff! I keep meaning to put it on my blog, just haven't had the time.

Pamela said...

I just bought some of the tweezerman mini tweezer and love them, too! I definately need to try that dry shampoo. I've been so curious!

Elle Sees said...

I love that mascara too!! I've been through tubes and tubes already.

triciathomas said...

I love all those picks!