Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Sarah's House - The Living Room


To be honest, I did not completely love this room. There were some really great moments and then some really awful ones. I think those pillows ruined the entire space for me (garnet, peach, pink, and burnt orange - what was she thinking!). And that coffee table is just icky. But I do LOVE the ceiling, the chandelier, the fireplace and metal crest above it and the grandfather clock. What do you think?






Stay tuned next week, we'll take a look at the dining room!

{all photos HGTV Canada}

7 comments:

Collette Osuna said...

I agree...but I do love the chandelier and mantle piece....:)

Great pics!

Sydney at PetiteGorgeous said...

The house is absolutely beautiful! I can totally see myself living in it :).

Hope you will get a chance to enter my giveaway of a $50 gift card to Bed Bath and Beyond.
Visit Petite Gorgeous for more details.

Crys said...

I agree... while I do LOVE most of her rooms, this is not my favorite. You would think the living room would be the "show piece" of the house but I was not very wowed.

Mandy said...

As a non-practicing interior designer, I think it all works pretty well. You can tell that the cusion cover colours were actually well thought out. I think the room is gorgeous - not my style, but lovely. My house isn't nearly as grand, so to say I am not impressed would be a lie!

Fashion By He said...

great blog

come follow the first ever fashion blog from a Guys POV, let He know what you think

fashionbyhe.blogspot.com

triciathomas said...

I kinda like the pillows, sorry!! The piece above the mantel has horses and I hate horses inside a home, it's just a thing! I do love the colors and how clean the room feels!

theanthropologieconnoisseur said...

I actually don't mind the pillows. I will say that it isn't my favorite room though.

I want to thank you for visiting my blog while I was gone and for leaving commments. It was great to read them! I really do appreciate it, so thanks again! I hope you'll continue to visit my blog!