Friday, August 6, 2010

Recent Purchases & Tagged!

Here are some pics of what I ordered from the Nordstrom Anniversary sale. I blame this post from Jenni for making me order the cute tops and now I can't decide if I want to keep one or both. And Jenni, I guess we are both playing copycat today! Haha! And I LOVE the boots and can't wait for some fall weather so I can wear those bad boys out!



Tops: Lily White Ruffled Chiffon
Boots: Miz Mooz Solis

Well I've been tagged by three different people so here goes! Feel free to just skip over this if you like, I won't take any offense.

First, I was tagged with these questions from Lisa at Respect the Shoes:

1. If you could be any heroine, who would you pick and why?
Definitely She-Ra (anyone remember her or am I really aging myself!?). I mean who wouldn't want to be called The Princess of Power?

2. What is your favorite article of clothing and why?
I don't think I can name just one! But I can say that all of my favorites are cardigans because I love to layer. In no particular order my faves are (all from Anthro of course!) Blooming Lattice, Field Game, Felted Lei, Elodie, Plaza, Bougainvillea.

3. What is one of the proudest moments of your life?
No question, the birth of my daughter Gigi.

4. Name your favorite food.
Sushi. And more specifically salmon sashimi. I order it at every sushi restaurant I go to.

5. Who is your favorite Real Housewife from the entire series?
I've only watched the OC series and I don't really like any of the housewives. Okay, if I HAVE to pick one I guess it would be Lauri.

6. What were you doing one hour ago?
Putting my daughter down for a nap.

7. Frozen yogurt or ice cream?
Hands down ice cream.

8. What's your favorite cheesy joke?
I'm a light eater. As soon as it's light, I start to eat.


Second, from Debbie at Dark Horse:

1. What are your favorite song lyrics and why?
I'd Rather Be With You by Joshua Radin. Every time I listen to it it makes me feel happy and reminds me of when I met my husband.

2. If you could be a character from a book for a day, who would you pick?
Elizabeth Bennet from Pride and Prejudice because I would love to meet Mr. Darcy!

3. What color best represents your personality?
White because it is serene and often goes unnoticed. It also evokes peace and calmness and I have always been a peacemaker and a very calm person.

4. If you could have dinner with anyone (dead, alive, famous or not) who would you choose?
Abraham Lincoln.

5. Are you a dog person or a cat person?
Dog. I have a black and tan doxie named Buddy.

6. What’s the best vacation you’ve ever been on?
Italy. I loved the food, the culture and of course the gelato!

7. If you could change into an animal whenever you wanted to, what would you be? (I’m thinking like some of the characters in Harry Potter that are an Animagus and can magically change into their animal form).
A fish. I've always been interested in the underwater world so it would be fun to explore.

8. If you could have one talent that you don’t currently have, what would it be?
To be more outgoing. I definitely consider it a talent to be able to talk to anyone, especially when you've just met them. I'm a shy person so I've always admired that in others.

And lastly, from Lori at Lori's Looks:

1. If money were no object, what is the one thing you would buy right now?
A house.

2. What is the last book you read or are reading right now?
Eat, Pray, Love. Trying to finish it before the movie comes out.

3. If you could choose any time period to live in, what would you choose?
The present. I try to enjoy where I'm at in life.

4. What is your favorite clothing item in your closet right now?
My In A Twinkling Dress, whenever I wear it I feel so girly in it.

5. If you had the chance to meet anyone you wanted, dead or alive, who would that be?
Audrey Hepburn.

6. If you had to describe yourself in one word, what word would that be?
Determined.

7. What is the funniest movie you've ever seen?
Dumb and Dumber. I've seen this movie countless times and I still get a kick out of it everytime!

8. Do you consider the cup half empty or half full?
Half full.



And like my sister I'm not going to tag anyone because I think everyone has already played along. Sorry for being lame!

11 comments:

Debbie said...

Thanks for answering my questions! It was fun reading your responses. :-)

Looks like you made some great new purchases. Those boots are amazing!

triciathomas said...

I should have nabbed those shirts when I had the chance!!! I loved reading your answers!

Jenni said...

Yay for copycatting! =) That second shirt is super cute and has YOU written all over it with those cute bows. Can't wait to see how you style them both! Loved reading your answers...I am shocked to learn that you're a shy person...I seriously wouldn't have pegged you for being shy ever! =)

Lisa - respect the shoes said...

Your cheesy joke cracked me up - and Abraham Lincoln as your dinner guest, cool deal! I love reading everyone's answers and finding out bits and pieces more about everyone.

Jan Russell said...

I have never heard your cheesy joke - love it! And what a great answer for what color best describes you, I didn't have anything nearly as introspective to say on the matter...I really enjoyed reading this! I love the tops you picked up at the sale, I think it would be tempting to keep both!

gigiofca said...

The boot are gorgeous :-)

Crys said...

I wouldn't be able to choose between the two colors either...guess you have to keep them both! Love the boots. And especially love your answer to what time period you'd like to live in...ditto.

Lorraine said...

Thanks for answering my questions. I really enjoyed reading this post and getting to know you a little better. I'm with you on the getting to meet Mr. Darcy. He is my all time favorite character from a book. I love those boots too. They're fantastic. Can't wait to see then in a OOTD post.

Jamie said...

Love you answers, Jessica! I too would like to be more outgoing. When I meet new people, I never seem to be able to think of things to say.

And I am right with you on wanting me meet Audrey Hepburn. She just strikes me as the most gracious and lovely person, both inside and out.

Amy said...

Ah! So much to say! Okay, number one: you're not lame for going along with a tag! I love your answers, some of them are quite similar to what I'd say!
Number Two: KEEP both shirts!!
Number Three: Boots are HOT with a capital H! Very jealous and also very excited for boot weather!
Number Four: Oh how I love cardis too. I'm dying to go get some b/c they're the only things I can wear with my expanding belly and still keep wearing once my baby girl is born! :)

Juanette said...

I found your blog today and you had a post about voting for the sweater but all I could concentrate on were the BOOTS in the photo! They are A-Ma-Zing! *I did vote for the brown sweater by the way...