Monday, August 9, 2010

OOTD: Set Your Sails

I hope everyone had a great weekend! On Saturday we went on a day trip to explore Santa Barbara and it is such a beautiful city. While walking down the main shopping street I spied this:

So of course I had to stop in! I didn't pick anything up but I always love to visit the different stores because each one has a personality all its own. Well, on to my outfit for today. I am keeping it simple because I have a few errands to run today and some housework to catch up on. I know, what a glamorous day.

What I'm wearing...
Anthropologie Sea Epitome top, similar here
Joe's Raw Hem Kicker
Necklace from YJewelry on Etsy (buy it here), similar here
Jeffrey Campbell Love Flat, similar here

And Tricia gave me this blogger award so you get to hear more about me!


I'm supposed to give seven random facts about myself so here goes...

1. I can clog dance to the entire song of Baton Rouge by Garth Brooks (Tricia, you know you can too!)
2. I cannot stand to go camping. Don't even ask.
3. My husband is almost 2 years younger than me.
4. My oldest sister saved me from drowning when I was three years old.
5. I lived in China for 4 months teaching English.
6. One of my dreams in life is to go to a Garth Brooks concert.
7. I LOVE cotton candy and could have a big bag of it everyday (did I mention I have a HUGE sweet tooth!).

13 comments:

Melissa said...

This is such a great outfit! I love red and blue together.

So, with having almost drowned when you were three, do you have a fear of water at all?

I have a huge sweet tooth also! Can't stay away from the bad stuff.

Jamie said...

What a charming outfit. I especially love your necklace paired with the periwinkle blue color of the top. Nice and cheerful for a midsummer's day!

Nelah said...

Your style is so sweet and feminine..love the outfit.

triciathomas said...

I am planning on a going to Garth while he is in Vegas and sitting front row!!! I love that top with the red!

Leah said...

I love reading all of these fun facts about you (and your sister)!

Jessica said...

Melissa - I have no fear of water at all. I've never thought about it but it's kinda strange that I don't.

Mia said...

I love the Sea Epitome top on you. Your outfit is perfect for a casual summer day! I really like the way you accented the navy with red.

I haven't been to Santa Barbara in many years but remember it being really beautiful. I hope you had a great time!

Jenni said...

Perfect combination of colors in this outfit...that necklace is so cute!!!! Fun to learn more about you...I used to clog as a kid too! And I have the biggest sweet tooth....seriously, it's bad. =)

Pamela said...

I love checking out other stores, too. It's so cool to see how they are all decorated so differently.

Collette Osuna said...

Hello...I saw your comment on Melissa blog and thought I'd stop by and say HELLO:) Love your blog...and your outfit is TOO cute..Anthro is one of my favs too:)

Elle Sees said...

i met garth brooks in a wal-mart at 2am once...weirdest celeb encounter of my life!!

Jan Russell said...

How fun to pop into another Antrho and check it out! I love your cute OOTD - the necklace really kicks it up a notch. I'll bet your time in China was amazing, what a great life experience.

Sabina said...

Lovely blog!
I would like to invite you to mine - I think you will really like it :))
Also, the main reason for my invitation is that I want to invite you to join my Challenge - just click on the link at the very top of my left sidebar and see what it is - I hope you will find it exciting :)
In any case - I hope you enjoy my blog and of course feel free to follow me if you do! ;)

Much love,
Sabina.
xxx