Sunday, August 22, 2010

OOTD: Channeling Emma Pillsbury

My husband and I have been watching the first season of Glee on Netflix and it's quickly becoming one of my favorite shows! I LOVE Emma Pillsbury! After seeing her in the infamous J.Crew skirt numerous times, I knew that this skirt had to be mine. Just look how cute she is in it...

I remember when it hit the stores but for some reason or another I never got it. So after watching and bidding on several skirts on eBay and seeing them sell for way higher than I wanted to pay, I finally scored one for a reasonable price. And a huge thanks to Kim for helping me figure out my size since I never got to try it on in stores.


What I wore to church today...
J.Crew Canterbury Bells Cardigan, similar here
Anthropologie Scalinata Top
J.Crew Double Serge Bow Skirt (check eBay), similar here
Charles David Alpha Pumps, similar here
Earrings and necklaces from Etsy

20 comments:

Pamela said...

That skirt looks great! It's so feminine. I love the Tiffany blue color.

Kelly said...

Such a great skirt! That's awesome you were able to find it at a reasonable price on eBay.

Kim said...

You got it!!! Hooray. It looks fabulous on you and I love how you styled it!

Annie said...

Love the outfit you put together....sooo adorable. I've been eyeing that cardigan online at J Crew but just never pulled the trigger cause not sure of the sizing. Could you tell me what size you're wearing?

BTW, I love your blog.

Brittany D'Lynne said...

Love Emma's style and have adored that skirt for a whole year. Looks amazing on you, too!

Leah said...

I love everything about this outfit! How great that you were finally able to score this skirt!!

Carrie said...

i love glee! and very cute skirt. Emma does have a nice wardrobe in the show:D

Carrie
http://readmylifeascarrie.blogspot.com/

Danielle said...

LOVE this! I would love to share it on my blog, with your permission! (you can email me at emmapillsbury at gmail dot com!) :)

Jessica said...

Annie - the cardigan is XS so I would say it runs true to size. Hope the helps!

Danielle - Of course! I'll send you an email!

Crys said...

Gorgeous! Teal is my ultimate fav color... great combination!

Jenni said...

You look fab!!! Such a cute skirt on you and I love how you paired it with that cardigan....and those heels rock!!! You channeled Emma well! And I'm totally in love with Glee...one of my favorites for sure.

shopwithm said...

Oh wow, it looks adorable on you! So jealous you found it in your size for a reasonable price. Love it.

Debye said...

love this look, you look amazing! Don't you just love when after so many inflated eBay listings and auctions when you can finally grab an item at a price that makes sense??

fashion junkie said...

Hot outfit! Love it!

Thanks for stopping by my blog and for the lovely comment. I hope you come back soon.

xoxo,
MelRod

http://melrod1206.wordpress.com

A said...

Very pretty!

Collette Osuna said...

You look gorgeous in this skirt, the entire outfit is beautiful on you...love the color of the skirt.....you styled it perfectly...have a super fab day!

triciathomas said...

I love that skirt... trying hard to resist!

Juanette said...

Adorable! I have seen several things styled on Emma that I like but they make her so sedate and prim so you have to break it down to each piece. I love the skirt!

Taylor said...

AHH I love Emma almost as much as I love this outfit! That shade of green is perfect! Now following your blog, check mine out :) I love any feedback and new followers!

http://sometimeshavingitall.blogspot.com

xo
Taylor

G. said...

Fabolous skirt and shoes!


http://chezg.blogspot.com/