Sunday, August 8, 2010

OOTD: After Summer We Fall

I love this skirt and I'm trying to wear it as much as I can before the Fall season arrives, which is sneaking up on me faster and faster. For me, it's always bittersweet when Fall is finally here. It means the end of those long, hot days of being outside to soak in the last rays of the sun. And the beginning of cool, crisp evenings with the leaves changing a multitude of beautiful colors around me. While I love Fall and consider it my favorite season, I'm always a bit sad that I have to wait another year for those warm summer days. So August, I'd appreciate it if you'd slow down so I can relax and enjoy the rest of summer!

What I wore to church today...
Anthropologie Homespun Horticulture Tank, similar here
J.Crew Featherweight Cotton Bling Button Cardi
Anthropologie Rah-Rah-Rumba Skirt, similar here
Anthropologie Snakebite Belt
Banana Republic grey pumps, similar here

10 comments:

Kim said...

Ohhhhh I LOVE this outfit so much Jessica - you look amazing! Every piece looks perfect together, and, I own those shoes!! My boyfriend's mom found them on clearance for me at BR for $9.99!!

Jan Russell said...

You're so right, I'm going to have to cram some of my Summer favorites into the next few weeks before it's too late! You look so pretty, I love that skirt!

Lisa - respect the shoes said...

I think fall is my favorite season too. I love the deep richer colors and the gorgeous weather is usually a nice relief. Plus it reminds me of autumn day trips up the Hudson River Valley for me the and fam and the beautiful NE scenery.

You look beautiful as always!

Pamela said...

I'm trying to cram all my warm weather wear in these next few weeks too! I just bought that skirt and LOVE it. I cannot wait to wear it this week. I'm going to use my snakebite belt, what a great idea!!!

I love the colors and smells of fall. I'm looking forward to that, but not the snow that falls soon after, at least in these parts!!!

Jenni said...

I'm with ya...totally trying to think of all the ways I can wear white on the bottom half in the next few weeks! you look absolutely fabulous in this cute outfit...that tank is perfect with the skirt. And the shoes are so CUTE!!! I bet you were the best dressed lady at church today! =)

Melissa said...

Am I the only person who doesn't care whether or not it's fall and will still wear white all over the place? Maybe I'm just a rebel like that. :)

This outfit is so, so pretty on you! I love it!

minnja said...

Beautiful :)))

http://minnja.blogspot.com/

fidele said...

Gorgeous.

Lorraine said...

I love this outfit! I pretty sure I say that about all your outfits. I almost wore that same skirt to church yesterday as well. I changed my mind at the last minute and went with my beda dress.

Leah said...

What a fun skirt...love it!!