Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Sarah's House - The Entry & Mudroom


By now you know I love Sarah's house on HGTV. Let's take a look at her mudroom and entry. I know everyone loves a good before and after so take a look at what the space looked used to look like.
Before:


After: What a difference a raised ceiling makes!



I love this little powder room. She took an antique table and place an under-mount sink on it and painted the outside of the sink blue. Genious! The only thing I'm not crazy about is the wallpaper.

This used to be a metal ball that she retro-fitted to become a light fixture. The shadows it casts in the room are just beautiful! And again, would look better without the wallpaper.

Stay tuned next week, we'll take a look at the main bathroom!

{all photos HGTV Canada}

8 comments:

Jenni said...

Loved your cute outfit yesterday!!! And this house--wow. Swoon!!!

triciathomas said...

I love the ball light it's awesome!! Holy moly the raised ceiling and lighter walls totally changed that place!

Lorraine said...

I'm with you on the wall paper. I don't like it either. I want to watch this show now but we don't have HGTV.

Leah said...

wow... the before and after photos are incredible!! love that 1/2 bath but agree the wallpaper is a bit much =)

Jan Russell said...

I adore the farmhose feel of the mudroom!

Jcrewcrazy said...

OMG - In love with that entry!!!! Thanks for posting!

LOVE her!! said...

WAIT..I ran onto your blog today as I noticed the pic of my FAVORITE designer and perhaps a house that was NEW to me =)
I LOVE her and have all of her other 2 houses on my DVR as they are just so cool. She's highly talented and this is no doubt, one of my favorite shows. I am wondering why I don't have this (new to me house) on my DVR!? Is it Canada only, perhaps??
Love the blog!

Jessica said...

LOVE her - Glad you stopped by! And yes, Sarah is so talented. This show plays in the USA as that's where I live. This house is from Season 3 and it premiered in March or April of this year but they show the reruns all the time on HGTV. Hope you can dvr some (if not all) of them!