Thursday, July 29, 2010

OOTD: Apples & Airplanes

First off my trip to H&M was a .... FAILURE! I went in with good intentions and just about made it to the cash register when a little skirt caught my eye. So of course I had to try in on and loved it! My return was for $20 and the skirt was $30 so I guess it could have been worse. Here's what I got (I also picked one up for my sister) and it totally reminds me of the Alena Skirt from Anthropololgie that I missed out on. I'll be wearing it on Sunday so stay tuned to see how I style it.

Well, on to my outfit for today. I'm keeping it simple with just a tee and capris. I love yellow and grey together so pairing these flats with this top was an easy choice. And I decided to throw in a little pink with the apple necklace I scored on Shopbop a few years ago for $15.

What I'm wearing...
Anthropologie Country Manor Top, similar here
Joe's Raw Hem Kicker
J.Crew yellow flats, similar here for under $20
Kenneth Jay Lane Apple necklace, similar here

11 comments:

Leah said...

LOVE the skirt you picked up from H&M!! What a lucky sister you have =)

gee said...

oh how i love h&m..but it is 3hrs away from me..boo. i love your outfit today..it looks so comfy and relaxing..xoxo

Jamie said...

I think this is such a fun, simple outfit, and the cutout detailing on the shoes is perfect. Since you love yellow and gray (I do too!), you might like this sweater from Old Navy: http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=51747&vid=1&pid=772014&scid=772014022

Bonnie at Small Town Fashionista wrote about it yesterday, and I'm planning to pick up one for myself!

Ashley said...

I love that skirt! I am also powerless when making a return.

Lorraine said...

Very cute outfit! I love the top.

Jenni said...

That could have been a lot worse than just a skirt, so I'm calling that trip to H&M a success! =) Well, you know my love for yellow and gray together...huge fan! You look great...and I really love those denim cropped jeans. I keep telling myself I should have got some but now with fall around the corner I'm more interested in skinny jeans. =) Have a great day!!

Lisa - respect the shoes said...

Love that country manor top on you - argh, another one of my misses!

And for $30, that skirt is a great deal. I heart H&M.

triciathomas said...

I love that apple necklace! I am so excited for the skirt!!

Jan Russell said...

I love that top too, and kick myself black and blue for missing out on it. Cute find at H&M! Can't wait to see you in the new skirt, soon.

Pamela said...

I love that you picked up that cute skirt for your sister, too!

goldenmeans said...

I love the apple necklace juxtaposed against the graphic airplane print, it's lovely! And I don't think I've ever mentioned this before, but your hair is really beautiful.

Also, I agree with Pamela that it's awesome that you picked up that cute skirt for Tricia too :)