Thursday, July 8, 2010

Gigi's Nursery Tour

I was so excited when I found out I was having a girl because that meant I could use PINK in the nursery! I also used black and white and tiffany blue (one of my favorite colors, in case you couldn't tell!). Because I am such a visual person, I created a mood board in Photoshop so I could make sure everything went together perfectly. I spent countless hours surfing the internet looking for cute accessories and furniture to complement my design and also fit my budget.

GigiNursery

The crib is a Jenny Lind crib and I love the vintage design. I'm a big fan of mixing vintage with modern.


The changing table is just a changing pad put atop a bookshelf with doors that I added cute flower knobs to make it more girly. The ABC Love print I ordered from MadeByGirl, and I love the modern feel it brings to the room.

Close up of the picture collage and butterfly mobile made of vintage dictionary pages. The silver G is from Anthropologie.

You won't be able to find my crib-set anywhere since my sister and mom made it for me using Amy Butler fabric.

As soon as I found the pink dachshund night light I knew I had to have it. I love the whimsical effect it adds to the room. The pink rug was a floor model I scored at a huge discount at Pottery Barn Kids. I took it home and rug doctored that sucker really good!

And a view of the other side of the room. I already had the Breakfast at Tiffany's print from my college days and I think it adds a cute feminine touch (and it's one of my favorite movies!) and also plays on the black and white color scheme. The table lamp is from IKEA (and so are all the large picture frames).

I re-painted an old dresser I had and put these knobs on it to play off all of the silver accents in the room.

I love my Eames Rocker (mine is a knock-off I got here). It is so comfortable and versatile that I've been known to drag it in front of the tv and rock Gigi to sleep in it. The pillow I picked it up for $20 when it went on a super sale at Anthropologie (and it's double sided!).

And close-ups of the details. The piggy bank is a gift to Gigi from her dad that he picked up in NYC. And I love cupcakes so much that when I found this little lacquer box I knew it had to go in the room!
Pig&cupcake
I framed the pic we used in her birth announcement. Her handprints and footprints we did ourselves when she was 9 days old (not an easy task!).
giginurserypics

And of course I couldn't leave without sharing a pic of the girl this room was designed for. She is such a joy and I am so lucky to be her mom.


Thanks for letting me share Gigi's nursery with you. ;)

17 comments:

Ashley said...

Ahhh, her nursery is SO cute! I love the alphabet print - I went on a home tour in a historic neighborhood near here and someone had a wall in their little boy's room painted similarly! I also love the rocker, the mobile, and the doggy lamp! So cute!

Kim said...

Her nursery is adorable Jessica! I love every little detail, and you know I had to run to show Brad the dachshund night light. I totally want that!!!
You did an amazing job decorating and Gigi should be a baby model - she's gorgeous!!

Melissa said...

Goodness, you did an AMAZING job on her nursery! Every single thing is fabulous!

That last picture of her has GOT to be blown up and framed. SO CUTE!!! She's gorgeous!

Jan Russell said...

Gigi is SO CUTE - look at those cheeks - what a dollface!

Her nursery is awesome - I loved the full tour. The knobs on her dresser are so perfect!

triciathomas said...

I love that nursery!!! She is so cute and wants me to maul her!!! I love the piggy bank it's perfect!!! That rocker has really grown on me and now I may *need* one!!!

Jenni said...

Ok, she is SOOOO cute! And the nursery is just perfect. I love the ABC sign and the piggy bank...great desiging!!

Debye said...

I love the nursey...sigh...girlie stuff is so much fun and I wish I could just squeeze those adorable cheeks!

Thanks for sharing!

Leah said...

I just LOVE the rocker! She is just a doll =)

theanthropologieconnoisseur said...

Love the color combo of the bedding and of course the Eames chair (even if it is a knock off, it's still gorgeous)! And the shots of your little one are so cute!

Peggy said...

Loved the tour! The room looks great. I want one of those rockers! Gigi is adorable in her rocking chair!

Lorraine said...

Thanks for sharing. I love it! It makes me want to do something cute with my boys room. Gigi is absolutely adorable. I love the pictures of her in the rocking chair. Very cute!

Elle Sees said...

Super precious and girl. Love it.

Heather Capener said...

Cute as ever!!!! The nursery looks so great, I love the Breakfast at Tiffany's print.
I am dying to know what we are having because I was ready to go baby shopping about four months ago.
Does creative personal shoppers want to come up for some baby shopping.
Except that the baby's nursery will be the walk in closet for about three months until this lease is up.

goldenmeans said...

Aw, what a lucky girl, you've put so much thought and love into her room. And I have been dying over one of those butterfly mobiles forever -- it looks great juxtaposed with the rest of the little installation you set up!

shopwithm said...

Adorable!!!!!!!!!!!

Leah (The Domesticated Wife) said...

Oh my gosh, how cute!! In that last picture she completely looks like she's modeling!! Haha.

H. said...

I love the vintage looking crib!!